Registration: Registration will be from 11:00-12:30. Check in at the PAWS registration table which will be set up in the 100 block of Commerce Street.
Contests: King & Queen - The King and Queen will be selected by drawing from those entries that paid the additional king/queen entry fee. The King and Queen will walk at the front of the parade with their owners and will also receive a prize.
Other contests: We will also have prizes for the Best Costume & Best Float. Contest winners will be announced after the parade at the registration area.
Parade Route: The parade will start in the 100 block of Commerce Street in Antique Alley. Parade will go north on Commerce and turn left onto Pine Street. Parade will then turn left onto Trenton Street. Parade will proceed up Trenton Street and then turn left onto Wood Street. Parade will turn left onto Commerce Street and end back at the registration tents.
- Animals must be current on vaccinations
- No aggressive animals or females that are in season
- Animals must be on a leash and in control by their owner at ALL times.
- Pet owners MUST pooper scoop after their dogs.
- Floats are welcome and encouraged. Please keep in mind that no motorized floats are allowed. Floats can be created using wagons, carts, strollers, anything with wheels that does not have a motor. No bicycles or rollerblades as these can scare the animals.
- Get creative with your costumes, just keep your petís safety in mind!
- Please bring beads to throw to the parade onlookers. Beads will also be available to purchase at the parade for $10 per 3 dozen beads. Mardi Gras beads will be the only allowed throws in the parade. ABSOLUTELY NO candy, trinkets, dog treats, etc. This is a safety hazard to the dogs attending the parade. Parade participants last year said that they ran out of beads during the parade so be sure to have plenty of beads. You will probably need at least 4 dozen or more beads.